It's NOT Barbie, it's 'The Beach!'

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lie #87 KFC is finger lickin' good

I was upstairs cleaning out "The Green Room" after months of the boys lousy clean up jobs failed to really make any difference in the appearance of their play room. There was also a strange smell eminating from the general direction of said room. So, I put on my ball cap and dived in. Under the dresser I found a piece of half eaten fried chicken. Ok, strange, but not unusual. I also found several snack wrappers and a few sippie cups with various stages of spoiled milk in them. Under the desk I pulled out some chicken bones that had been licked clean, I swear. Hmmmm, I'm starting to understand where some of the fried chicken remains from dinner two weeks ago ended up. Then I look under the bed. Wow. There is the second half of my pantry! I decide to pull the mattress up and just get it over with. Under the bed, hidden among wrappers, dried out cheese sticks and cracker crumbs, I pull out three pieces of fried chicken perfectly preserved with one or two bites taken out of them and two more chicken bones. Then, under a t-shirt, I uncover a large chicken breast partially eaten but wrapped in a plastic baggie. I also uncovered the source of the smell. It was covered in mold. I almost threw up. When it was all said and done, I found a total of 8 pieces of KFC's original recipe fried chicken. I just laughed. It was not really funny, but what else was I to do? Yell? Reconstitute them and serve them for dinner with some instant mashed potatoes? Believe me, I thought about it. Boys are so gross.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

8 pieces, huh? How big of a bucket did you buy last time for them to take out that many pieces?! I've found chicken in my kids room too, but not that much. I get the spoiled milk cups and shriveled up apple cores. I'm afraid to clean under their beds now! I put the boys box springs at ground level with the frame still around it so they can't shove anything under their beds anymore. Dylan asked when I'd raise it back up so he can clean his room faster.

katherine said...

This was LOL funny. Who hasn't found weird stuff under their kid's bed. I pulled out the couch cushions and found multiple dried up string cheeses. Yum! Unfortunately my trouble area is my car--spilled I don't even know what and wrappers, oh my I need to tackle that problem.

mindyluwho said...

Eight pieces?!?! I've found things like dried up carrots and broccoli that kids didn't want to eat, but chicken...that's funny!

Jenny said...

One time when I was babysitting for a couple in our ward I was eating a popsicle after the kids had gone to bed. Well, the parents came home a little earlier than planned and so I shoved the half eaten popsicle under the couch!!! They had gorgeous white carpet... I have always felt absolutely terrible about it!

Pheww... it felt good to get that off my chest!

Phae-Jae said...

That is A LOT of chicken, ha!

We had a hole in the wall of our room when I was little. I would put food that I didn't like in it:) It was great until my parents discovered it:(

Elizabeth said...

Jenny, maybe that is why I always tell my sitters to help themselves to the snacks! A popsicle! That's horrible! lol

Jenny said...

i know...i always which kid took the blame.

and PJ, that must have smelled wonderful...