It's NOT Barbie, it's 'The Beach!'

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lie # 46: I wouldn't eat that...

I created a yummy crock pot recipe by mistake last night! I didn't have the right ingredients for another recipe so I adapted and came up up with this. It's so easy and so good. It's also very versatile. I'll call it...

Enchilada Chicken
(unique, I know, huh?!)

1-2 lbs frozen chicken (boneless)
salt
pepper
Large size Cream of Chicken soup
Hidden Vally Fiesta Ranch dry dip mix
2 blocks of cream cheese
1 T diced onion (shallots, dry onions also work well)
1/2 c chicken broth

In a large crock pot, dump several pieces of frozen chicken. I used about 8 tenderloins. Breasts would be great, too. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dump a large size can of Cream of Chicken on top. Then sprinkle a package of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dry dip mix. (I think it's called that. I looked through the garbage this morning and didn't find it!). Cover and cook on low for about 6-7 hours. Then about 30 mins before serving, melt together 2 packages of cream cheese, some minced onions (I used dry ones...about 1T) and about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Pour this into the mixture, stir it all up, shred the chicken as you are doing this, and after 30 mins, you're done! This can be made into Chicken Enchilada soup by adding 1/2 pound of velveeta, can of Rotel and maybe more broth...

Slice avocados into it when serving along with Monterey Jack shredded cheese and jalepenos, if you like it spicy!
I served it over egg noodles. Jerry ate it over rice. We also wrapped some into tortillas with a little rice and shredded cheese. YUM!

Let me know if anyone makes it!

7 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Sounds tasty...and that's no lie!

Alesa Larsen said...

I think you just gave me Sunday dinner. Thank you very much.

Jenny said...

Well, I decided it was a little too salty so I would omit the salt in the first step and maybe (MAYBE) use reduced sodium cream of chicken (but probably not cuz I'm not a fan of that stuff...). Or, you could just chop a potato into a few big chunks and mix that in to absorb the extra salt.

Alesa Larsen said...

I took the left overs to make enchiladas. mix in about 1/2 jar of salsa. Then I put it in tortillas and rolled 'em up. Place in 9x13 pan and cover with enchilada sauce and cheese. Heat in 350 oven until warm. about 45 min. They were yummy and I didn't have to cook as much.

Jenny said...

ooohh!!! Sounds much easier than my recipe for enchiladas! I miay have to make another batch now!! Glad you liked it!

It's Great To Be A Guidry said...

Cheesy? Lots of calories? I'm there!! Sounds tasty!

Mary said...

I'm trying it right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mary (your friendly neighbor)