It's NOT Barbie, it's 'The Beach!'

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Fourth at Firestone

I realize that the 4th of July has passed but I just downloaded these fun pictures! We haven't had such a fun 4th in well, ever... The whole day was exciting and the kids had a blast! We watched a parade and were hosed down with water guns every 5 mins and there was even a little carnival that wanted Jerry's entire paycheck to ride about 8 rides but they blasted Michael Jackson songs on the karaoke stage so it was TOTALLY worth it. We had to wait in line for a hot air balloon ride for about 45 mins, though!!!!! Jessica was a blast during that, let me tell you. But later that night we had a perfect spot to spread out and watch the fireworks display that was beautiful and lasted almost...drum roll...12 mins!!! Oh well, we only had to drive about 3 mins to get there so the trade off was definately worth it! They were amazing and we were so close. It doesn't look like it in the pictures but it must have only been about a mile away... It was a great day and we even had one of the neighbors invite us up to set off fireworks with them. I think I'm falling in love with this small town...




















5 comments:

Alesa Larsen said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad you are adjusting to life in a small town. I have to tell you that everytime I see that picture of your boys not playing barbies I crack up. I am glad my boy is not the only one who does that.

It's Great To Be A Guidry said...

Join in the lies? OK! I am skinny, my kids are angels, my house is spotless and I NEVER raise my voice in my home, this heaven on earth.

Now for the truth. I finally got a blog thinger so I can comment on my fab friends' blogs. I love all your pictures and am glad I can keep up with your cutie kids.

I miss the crap out of you!!!!

mindyluwho said...

I love the face painting!

Carrie said...

I love that your kids are wrapped in blankets on the 4th of July! You definitely ain't in OK anymore:) Your blog is cute by the way, I pretty much let mine go it was a good thought maybe someday......

Jenny said...

Ales, I think you must have meant that your boys aren't the only ones who DON'T do that!
Jessie...so funny! I miss you!!!!!
Carrie, you pretty much hit it on the head! We definately ain't in Oklahoma no mo!! I couldn't believe how COLD it was on the 4th of July! Oh well...and get your blog up and going. It's not like you have a job anymore.