It's NOT Barbie, it's 'The Beach!'

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lie # 3: We'll be fine here for 4 1/2 months while Jerry is living in CO.

I've never before in my life felt so isolated and alone as I have the past few months. Jerry left in January and while time seems to fly and while we have made a few road trips up to visit, I feel like I have been left alone in Tulsa. I know I have family here and I know I have friends here, but we are all busy with our own lives. I had no idea how emotionally taxing it would be to care for 4 small children and have no one else who is as responsible for their well-being as myself around to help. This could be considered an ode to single parents of 4 children everywhere. I am not living in my own home and I cannot hire a babysitter to come in and take care of them for the night while I go and eat dinner with a friend or watch a movie or even just take a nap. I hope no one thinks I am whining. I have had significant help and support from my In-Laws and from my dear friend, Carla. Her husband has been amazing with my kids. He plays with them, he snuggles with Jessica, he even let me sleep in on a weekend! I couldn't repay them all for their help no matter what I tried. I'm just saying...I'm lonely and I miss my husband with a ferocity I never knew I had. I keep pushing it down because I know it will be over soon, but it's threatening to spill out and wreak havoc unlike anything I have ever before experienced. I need him. And that's it.

6 comments:

1/2 a Dozen said...

Jenny, why don't you come out here and let the girls babysit and we big kids can go out on the town. Go eat and see a movie and chase girls and...oh wait, we don't have to do that last part, YOU are a girl and I already have one! Oh well, just come over and let the kids babysit and we three can hang out. Love you and sorry I don't see you much...well...any. Tom

mindyluwho said...

Jenny Penny!!! I'm so sorry. (This too shall pass...this too shall pass).

Love you!

Go chase some girls with Tom...

Big Mac said...

Man what an invite from Tom. I wanna go chase girls with You and Tom and Susan. I am so Jealous.. That will be so fun.

Clarissa said...

Jennifer, Jenny, Jen...I too know what you are going through. Atleast Tom invited you to go chase girls! lol Just remember to wear your red shoes when you go! haha

Hang
in
there!

Jenny said...

Thank you all for your thoughful words and cheer! I know every one of you know how I am feeling. Especially Susan and, of course, Clarissa!! Bless you, Clarissa...

I do feel better. Jerry will be here Thursday night and I can't wait! It just seems like I have isolated myself without meaning to and have been terrible at taking time to call friends up when the kids go to bed. I need to be more proactive.

Susan, that phone call was so good for me at that moment. Thank you for listening.

Alesa Larsen said...

That would be so hard to be apart for so long. Just remember to look back and remember how much you missed him when he is driving you crazy.;)